GEN2GEN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GEN2GEN Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inWhat is your fave Retro RPG and why - Page 2 BxhJj1y
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» What games are you playing?
What is your fave Retro RPG and why - Page 2 Empty13/01/16, 05:22 pm by queenzelda

» Rodea delayed again
What is your fave Retro RPG and why - Page 2 Empty13/01/16, 05:18 pm by queenzelda

» What's on your mind
What is your fave Retro RPG and why - Page 2 Empty13/08/15, 11:58 pm by queenzelda

» Post some funny stuff
What is your fave Retro RPG and why - Page 2 Empty12/08/15, 06:10 pm by queenzelda

» Welcome thread
What is your fave Retro RPG and why - Page 2 Empty12/08/15, 06:00 pm by queenzelda

» Anyone need anything?
What is your fave Retro RPG and why - Page 2 Empty06/08/15, 05:08 pm by sonikku

» Fave Nintendo system
What is your fave Retro RPG and why - Page 2 Empty06/08/15, 05:05 pm by sonikku

» Are you voting?
What is your fave Retro RPG and why - Page 2 Empty06/08/15, 04:52 pm by sonikku

» Music you\re listening to now
What is your fave Retro RPG and why - Page 2 Empty03/08/15, 04:15 pm by queenzelda

What is your fave Retro RPG and why

Go down 
+7
Calshot
Yama
LawXiu
sonikku
Wude
KiBa
Segata
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Segata
King Slime
King Slime
Segata

What is your fave Retro RPG and why - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: What is your fave Retro RPG and why   What is your fave Retro RPG and why - Page 2 Empty08/08/12, 11:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ys Booke I & II

While YS series if my fave series ever. My fave game is the first two.

Ys while back in 1986 borrowed from Zelda in overhead adventure type game. It also did alot different. The Bump system. You bump into enemies at certain angles to defeat them. I love it some don't. The music to me is some of the best music ever made for a game. Composed by Yuzo Koshiro famous for Streets of Rage,Shenmue. It's Zelda with an added cool factor. Also if you played the original TG16 CD version(also on Wii VC) you see it was the first game with Voice acting and one of the first game to have anime cut scenes. First two games have some of the best boss fights in any game. They are so well designed. I play the game now and feel how awesome this was in 1990 despite my first experience with the series is 2010.

The series was never huge on story but more on awesome music and gameplay. Lastly it has my fave gaming character. Dogi. A blue haired guy who can knock down walls and mountains like nothing.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Segata
King Slime
King Slime

PostSubject: Re: What is your fave Retro RPG and why   What is your fave Retro RPG and why - Page 2 Empty21/08/12, 10:38 am

Good point
Back to top Go down
Yukupo
King Slime
King Slime
Yukupo

PostSubject: Re: What is your fave Retro RPG and why   What is your fave Retro RPG and why - Page 2 Empty21/08/12, 12:22 pm

Ryudo wrote:
:XG: Citan

I can think of two people who sparkle seeing this
Yeah, I sparkle like a vampire in the sunlight. <3

I don't really know my favorite retro rpg is. My biggest loves from the time would probably be for Xenogears, Final Fantasy VII, and Super Mario RPG. But I'm no good at deciding ultimately what my favorite is. Too difficult.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chrisfulkerson.com
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Kupo
Kupo
Segata Sanshiro Jr.

PostSubject: Re: What is your fave Retro RPG and why   What is your fave Retro RPG and why - Page 2 Empty21/08/12, 03:47 pm

Yama wrote:
If we're talking retro retro, then...

What is your fave Retro RPG and why - Page 2 256px-PopfulMailBox

if we wanna get retro retro retro

What is your fave Retro RPG and why - Page 2 ZpRY0
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzlHDjpYiuU  http://anewchallenge
Segata
King Slime
King Slime
Segata

PostSubject: Re: What is your fave Retro RPG and why   What is your fave Retro RPG and why - Page 2 Empty21/08/12, 04:05 pm

Ah Japan and it's Pedo art
Back to top Go down
Frozen
Kupo
Kupo
Frozen

PostSubject: Re: What is your fave Retro RPG and why   What is your fave Retro RPG and why - Page 2 Empty21/08/12, 04:08 pm

Ryudo wrote:
Ah Japan and it's Pedo art

What is your fave Retro RPG and why - Page 2 2126114-81nb50n0mml._aa1500_
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/FrozenOsu
AnimeGamer183
Kupo
Kupo

PostSubject: Re: What is your fave Retro RPG and why   What is your fave Retro RPG and why - Page 2 Empty22/08/12, 06:54 pm

ff6, what else? of course I am not going past the Genesis/SNES era, because the PSX/PS2 era has too many ties for me. FF6 really molded the series for the next 4 or 5 installments and imo they never surpassed it, atleast not on the collective, I like the stories better in a couple other of the FF games, but FF6's story even trumps many of the others after it, and its gameplay bar none is superior, and thats quite a feat looking back considering its just a SNES title, and one that should not be taken lightly.
Back to top Go down
Segata
King Slime
King Slime
Segata

PostSubject: Re: What is your fave Retro RPG and why   What is your fave Retro RPG and why - Page 2 Empty23/08/12, 10:46 am

Surpsised no one has said Secret of Mana or Chrono Trigger.

Not saying they are my faves as Mana never played and CT I enjoyed on DS.
Back to top Go down
Segata
King Slime
King Slime
Segata

PostSubject: Re: What is your fave Retro RPG and why   What is your fave Retro RPG and why - Page 2 Empty05/09/12, 01:40 am

You know watching old footage of 90's RPG's and a spoof called College Saga it just reminds me that it's not doubt in my mind it was not only the best era in gaming but the best for my fave genre.RPGs There was so much charm missing from most these days.Also I kinda miss fixed camera angles sometimes call me crazy. I think this gen the charm is in Blue Dragon and the Camera Angles in Renosance of Fate. It also make me cry as a gamer at what Square used to be. I don't expect RPG's to be as great as they were in the 90's to ever happen again but do hope JRPGs become popular again. I would love to see Mistwalker be the new Square as I already think they are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your fave Retro RPG and why   What is your fave Retro RPG and why - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What is your fave Retro RPG and why
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2