GEN2GEN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GEN2GEN Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inShows you like enough to buy? BxhJj1y
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» What games are you playing?
Shows you like enough to buy? Empty13/01/16, 05:22 pm by queenzelda

» Rodea delayed again
Shows you like enough to buy? Empty13/01/16, 05:18 pm by queenzelda

» What's on your mind
Shows you like enough to buy? Empty13/08/15, 11:58 pm by queenzelda

» Post some funny stuff
Shows you like enough to buy? Empty12/08/15, 06:10 pm by queenzelda

» Welcome thread
Shows you like enough to buy? Empty12/08/15, 06:00 pm by queenzelda

» Anyone need anything?
Shows you like enough to buy? Empty06/08/15, 05:08 pm by sonikku

» Fave Nintendo system
Shows you like enough to buy? Empty06/08/15, 05:05 pm by sonikku

» Are you voting?
Shows you like enough to buy? Empty06/08/15, 04:52 pm by sonikku

» Music you\re listening to now
Shows you like enough to buy? Empty03/08/15, 04:15 pm by queenzelda

Shows you like enough to buy?

Go down 
+2
sonikku
Agent Of Fortune
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Agent Of Fortune
Kupo
Kupo

Shows you like enough to buy? Empty
PostSubject: Shows you like enough to buy?   Shows you like enough to buy? Empty09/09/12, 06:22 pm

Because we live in a world where we can stream movies and shows from the Internet and people are low on money, I was just wondering what some shows are that you like enough to buy, either individually or by seasons/in bulk? They can be things you have either recently bought, or plan to buy in the future?

I know VHS is a dead technology and people are probably going to laugh for this, but I recently bought all of DS9 on VHS. DS9 is just a perfect show to own, for me. It always picks me up and makes me feel better. I was at a local Half-Priced Books (basically a big used book/CD/DVD store), and saw the entire series for $30, so I had to pick it up. That's 88 tapes! I haven't found a good place for them yet, but eventually want to put it on display somewhere.
Back to top Go down
sonikku
Kupo
Kupo
sonikku

PostSubject: Re: Shows you like enough to buy?   Shows you like enough to buy? Empty09/09/12, 10:50 pm

Deep Space 9 is probably the only trek show I'd want to own. I liked TNG, but I must have seen every episode at least three times from the show seemingly always being in syndication. The better episodes I may have seen a dozen times. o_O Voyager I've only seen once but I more than got my fill of it the first run. About the only episode I really liked was year of hell, and even THAT fell victim to the dreaded reset button in the end. The problem with trek to me is the characters always seem the same in the last season as they were in the first. Characters never really seem to "grow" or mature. DS9 is about the only show that bucks that trend. That was a group with a lot of synergy that felt like they truly grew together. I know ryudo hates it, but I just find deep space 9 more interesting than the others, beyond the second season at least. Maybe I'll pick it up on DVD some time now that they've cut the season set prices in half since their release years ago.

Robotech is another show I wouldn't mind owning on dvd. I have several of the old discs, but the quality is low and the current release in addition to having a far better transfer also has a better price. I nearly picked up the Macross Saga when I saw it at walmart for 12 bucks (36 episodes on 5 discs, some how shoe horned into one dvd sleeve) but opted not to, thinking I could get the 85 episode box set off amazon when it was $37 because it included the movies that you can't get anywhere else. Then the amazon price went up and the stand alone season set at walmart vanished, so I'm robotechless. Sad

The last show that comes to mind is Code Geass. I enjoyed that show so much getting it one disc at a time from netflix that I think I would like it in my collection at some point. All the better now that they offer them in season sets for $25 each at about a dollar an episode. Anime seems ludicrously expensive in the first dvd release for some reason. :? Like, they'll start off releasing one dvd at a time with 3 episodes each for like 25-30 bucks. Then in a couple years later they'll bundle in 25 in a box and sell it for $20-30. You have to be a rich kid to get your anime on it's first run. Razz I'm not even getting the cheaper season sets right now, however. Need to recoup the losses from getting my PC back on it's legs and still find the money left to furnish the apartment I hope to get into the next month to worry about television.
Back to top Go down
Segata
King Slime
King Slime
Segata

PostSubject: Re: Shows you like enough to buy?   Shows you like enough to buy? Empty09/09/12, 10:53 pm

All of Star Trek except TNG as I already have it.

TMNT 80's as I pre ordered it.

Thundercats

I Love lucy

I will name more later as my mind is blank right now
Back to top Go down
sonikku
Kupo
Kupo
sonikku

PostSubject: Re: Shows you like enough to buy?   Shows you like enough to buy? Empty09/09/12, 10:58 pm

Ah, I forgot Thundercats. Perhaps I'll look into getting the complete series set when they get around to making it in a year. I'm not really a fan of the "book one" releases. I'm a stickler for the definitive version. That combined with quadruple dip mentality in the industry has largely gutted my interest in buying dvds.
Back to top Go down
Frozen
Kupo
Kupo
Frozen

PostSubject: Re: Shows you like enough to buy?   Shows you like enough to buy? Empty10/09/12, 08:56 am

Mine would probably be Xiaolin Showdown. I used to love that show as a kid!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/FrozenOsu
Yukupo
King Slime
King Slime
Yukupo

PostSubject: Re: Shows you like enough to buy?   Shows you like enough to buy? Empty10/09/12, 01:03 pm

Star Trek DS9, TNG, Breaking Bad, How I Met Your Mother.

There are more but I can't think of em right now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chrisfulkerson.com
LawXiu
King Slime
King Slime
LawXiu

PostSubject: Re: Shows you like enough to buy?   Shows you like enough to buy? Empty10/09/12, 01:15 pm

I have the complete smallvile collection. I believe I am the world's only fan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gen2gens.com
sonikku
Kupo
Kupo
sonikku

PostSubject: Re: Shows you like enough to buy?   Shows you like enough to buy? Empty24/09/12, 07:22 pm

I watched a lot of Smallville. I liked it for a while. In the end though it seemed to get a little too silly and monster of the week-ish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shows you like enough to buy?   Shows you like enough to buy? Empty

Back to top Go down

Shows you like enough to buy?
Page 1 of 1