GEN2GEN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GEN2GEN Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inMicrosoft supporting LGBT gaming convention BxhJj1y
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» What games are you playing?
Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty13/01/16, 05:22 pm by queenzelda

» Rodea delayed again
Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty13/01/16, 05:18 pm by queenzelda

» What's on your mind
Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty13/08/15, 11:58 pm by queenzelda

» Post some funny stuff
Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty12/08/15, 06:10 pm by queenzelda

» Welcome thread
Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty12/08/15, 06:00 pm by queenzelda

» Anyone need anything?
Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty06/08/15, 05:08 pm by sonikku

» Fave Nintendo system
Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty06/08/15, 05:05 pm by sonikku

» Are you voting?
Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty06/08/15, 04:52 pm by sonikku

» Music you\re listening to now
Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty03/08/15, 04:15 pm by queenzelda

Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention

Go down 
+2
Yukupo
sonikku
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sonikku
Kupo
Kupo
sonikku

Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention   Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty31/08/12, 01:07 pm

http://www.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-supporting-lgbt-gaming-convention-6394020

Good for them. After banning someone for being a lesbian years ago, Microsoft seems to be heading in a better direction.
Back to top Go down
Yukupo
King Slime
King Slime
Yukupo

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention   Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty31/08/12, 01:20 pm

Fantastic. It can use all the support it can get. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.chrisfulkerson.com
Yukupo
King Slime
King Slime
Yukupo

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention   Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty31/08/12, 01:53 pm

Reading the comments on that article. Man there are a lot of ... bigoted people on Gamespot... It's sad, really.
Back to top Go down
sonikku
Kupo
Kupo
sonikku

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention   Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty31/08/12, 04:14 pm

How can people possibly hate on things like girl-on-girl?

Somehow, bigots find a way.
Back to top Go down
LawXiu
King Slime
King Slime
LawXiu

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention   Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty31/08/12, 04:17 pm

I love girl on girl. SERIOUSLY I do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gen2gens.com
Segata
King Slime
King Slime
Segata

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention   Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty31/08/12, 04:21 pm

Back to top Go down
LawXiu
King Slime
King Slime
LawXiu

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention   Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty31/08/12, 04:23 pm

^ That's a little disturbing.
Back to top Go down
Segata
King Slime
King Slime
Segata

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention   Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty31/08/12, 06:42 pm

....I liked it.... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Frozen
Kupo
Kupo
Frozen

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention   Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty01/09/12, 06:11 am

Damn you, Ryudo! Now I have to go clean myself Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/FrozenOsu
Mittens2317
Kupo
Kupo
Mittens2317

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention   Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty01/09/12, 07:38 am

Why is there an LGBT gaming convention? Wouldn't there be an uproar if there was a Straight, Natural Gender convention? This kinda shit's never really made sense to me.
Back to top Go down
sonikku
Kupo
Kupo
sonikku

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention   Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty01/09/12, 01:46 pm

I imagine if there ever comes a day when the typical straight folks become the persecuted minority who's lifestyle was deemed wrong and repulsive by society at large that they too would make support groups and friendly gatherings. When you struggle with feelings most people can't understand or relate to and feel alone in fear of what consequences that may lay in weight for no other reason than revealing your orientation, sometimes being around other, like minded individuals is helpful from time to time.

As I noted in my first post, Microsoft banned someone from Xbox Live for no other reason than for admitting she was a lesbian. As Yukio noted, there are some VERY bigoted and hateful gamers on gamespot slamming the linked article. For that reason I can kind of understand the LGBT crowd with a passion for games feeling uncomfortable at a generic game convention.
Back to top Go down
Mittens2317
Kupo
Kupo
Mittens2317

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention   Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty02/09/12, 08:18 am

"Typically straight folks"? Isn't that a little prejudice in itself? What about black people? Muslims? Disabled people? Everyone's a minority in their own way. Bein gay or havin your body surgically altered doesn't define every aspect of the person (although there are a lot of people who try, which I never really understood)

Just does my head in that because certain people are a little more "in your face" about bein victims of discrimination that they organise these events that their "opposite" counterparts couldn't get away with.
Back to top Go down
Segata
King Slime
King Slime
Segata

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention   Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty02/09/12, 11:06 am

I don't agree with the harshness of Mitts post but agree with the message. Like for example I'm a disabled gamer. I son't know what a typical gay gamers is nor a typical straight gamer. I don't know what a typical disabled gamer is. I don't want to be hard on Sonikku but I only agree that that was not a good choice of words.
Back to top Go down
Yukupo
King Slime
King Slime
Yukupo

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention   Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty02/09/12, 12:50 pm

It's nice to have a place where you can feel safe and like Sonikku said, be with like minded people. I imagine it's pretty damn awkward when you're in public and everyone's just looking at you like you don't belong.

Yes other minorities have had this happen and still have this happen and that's all the more reason why these events need to exist and why these groups need to make a big deal out of it. Cause if society gets accustomed to LGBT people they won't think it's so weird and eventually might treat them like everyone else.

I know not all people discriminate and typically when I'm out with my trans-gendered friend, she gets compliments from people about her clothing and whatnot rather than awkward stares, but the discrimination does still exist. I'm lucky to live in quite a liberal and accepting area as whole.

It's easy to say we should all treat each other the same without discrimination. I whole-heartedly agree with that. But not everyone's on the same boat there. It seems to frustrate a lot of people on the sidelines who aren't discriminating because they just see this same message being thrown at them repeatedly, but if you already understand the message, maybe it's not aimed at you. Actually, it might be more for the people who are suffering on the inside because they're trying to be something they're not.
Back to top Go down
Segata
King Slime
King Slime
Segata

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention   Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty02/09/12, 04:50 pm

I wish we can just have a convention where everyone is accpeted and not distance others and ourselves with bigotry or pride. I hate that group grrrr! I am that group and we are loud and proud! Why can't both just be?
Back to top Go down
sonikku
Kupo
Kupo
sonikku

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention   Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty02/09/12, 06:28 pm

Thanks yukio, compassion is a rarer and rarer sight these days and is always heartwarming to see. I agree with you mittens that a lot of people are a minority in some way or another. Except for that small detail of being black or being disabled is generally not considered by society to be a lifestyle choice. Much less, a lifestyle choice to be smiled upon. I doubt ryudo needs fear scathing, judging looks or taken to an extreme, potential assault while walking the streets at the hands of right wing extremists fearing the "sinners" yanking their beloved America away from god's wholesome values. I'm sure if someone were to go ballistic on ryudo at a mcdonalds for having been dealt a weak heart that the employees would likely come to his aid rather than stand around to watch, or take out their cell phone camera for youtube upload later.

The world can be a dangerous place for gays and sometimes something as simple as showing a simple sign of affection like hugging your significant other or even holding hands in public like you might take for granted is heavily scrutinized. I don't think the LGBT crowd really have it in for hetrosexual people. When being on guard is so necessary when out in public, sometimes it is nice to be among those that know what you are going through and share your fears and struggles. That is why I think these conventions exist, not to discriminate against regular people the way a "NO GAYS" group would seek to discriminate against homosexuals. I think their campaigns are more about being able to survive and coexist in the same world as hetrosexuals more than it is to force a bigoted agenda. With that said, if you feel excluded from the party, I'm sure they would welcome you anyway so long as you are respectful of them. I love you

Ryudo wrote:
I wish we can just have a convention where everyone is accpeted and not distance others and ourselves with bigotry or pride. I hate that group grrrr! I am that group and we are loud and proud! Why can't both just be?

Wouldn't it just be grand? When we could all just game on Xbox Live together, without harsh, mean-spirited bigoted trash talk? When people stop lumping all things homosexual as bad, like calling under performing players on their team a bunch of Fags or labeling a challenging scenario as Gay.

Perhaps someday.
Back to top Go down
Mittens2317
Kupo
Kupo
Mittens2317

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention   Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty05/09/12, 11:39 am

I wouldn't necessarily call being gay a "lifestyle choice". If a guy's attracted to a guy and women don't do anythin for them, it's not that they've chosen to be like that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not "against" any of this shit, I just think it's hypocritical. Especially when people who are "discriminated against" say they wanna be treated like everyone else. It's stupid, imo.

There's no one universal way of treatin people. Old people are gonna be annoyin, young people are gonna have their opinion on serious issues brushed to the side, middle-aged motherfuckers are gonna be patronising to both old and young people, etc. We're all different, and that's the way it always will be.

It just seems like certain people who are grouped into one category feel like they're on the outside lookin in, where in reality, they're just a crowd of people, and from their perspective everyone else's crowd looks like one huge crowd when in fact they're not. I'm sure that even happens in the LGBT 'community'. There's dykes, lipstick lesbians, alternative lesbians, bisexuals, transexuals, transvestites, drag queens, lady boys, shemales, "in the closet" gays, camp gays, just straight up like to shag men but doesn't let it affect who they are gays, and whore gays. They're all smaller groups within a group. The same goes for every "type" of person, so where does it end?

I'm by no means sayin that there shouldn't be an LGBT gaming convention, I just reckon it contradicts the nature of what they're tryin to achieve... Being seen as "regular people" whilst essentially making themselves the complete opposite by giving themselves that label.

It'd make a lot more sense if the LGBT community started a gaming convention, but not point out that it's LGBT, just call it somethin else, generate interest from non-LGBTs, and watch everyone integrate and enjoy their mutual interest in video games.

EDIT: Calling people faggots and sayin shit is gay isn't bashing homosexuals, it's bashing heterosexuals. You offend someone by calling them the opposite of what they are. Like I'm a Manchester City supporter, and some guys call me a red to wind me up. Besides, even homosexuals say shit's gay. I take the piss outta my gay cousin by callin him a fairy coz he hates camp gays. It's all to do with context, not discrimination. Then again, I'm from England, and we're a lot harsher over here coz we can dish it out and take it at the same time. Places outside of the UK seem to be a little more sensitive about everything.
Back to top Go down
Segata
King Slime
King Slime
Segata

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention   Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty05/09/12, 12:26 pm

In the animal Kingdom many gay animals. It's not a choice just something born with that is not wrong. Who would just say gee wiz I want to put my penis in a guys ass and be hated kicked out of my religion and have my marriage banned. Sounds like fun! Scientists have found a rise in gay animals.
Back to top Go down
LawXiu
King Slime
King Slime
LawXiu

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention   Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty06/09/12, 01:21 pm

I still love lesbians.
Back to top Go down
Frozen
Kupo
Kupo
Frozen

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention   Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty06/09/12, 01:39 pm

LawXiu wrote:
I still love lesbians.

Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Lesbians
Back to top Go down
sonikku
Kupo
Kupo
sonikku

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention   Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty06/09/12, 02:06 pm

America 1945
Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Kissingthewargoodbye

America 2012
Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Navylesbiankissscreen
Back to top Go down
Segata
King Slime
King Slime
Segata

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention   Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty06/09/12, 02:10 pm

sonikku wrote:
America 1945
Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Kissingthewargoodbye

America 2012
Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Navylesbiankissscreen
Back to top Go down
Frozen
Kupo
Kupo
Frozen

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention   Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty06/09/12, 02:14 pm

Topic might aswell be renamed 'Lesbians'.
Back to top Go down
LawXiu
King Slime
King Slime
LawXiu

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention   Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty06/09/12, 02:16 pm

^ Fine by me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention   Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention Empty

Back to top Go down

Microsoft supporting LGBT gaming convention
Page 1 of 1