GEN2GEN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GEN2GEN Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inAre you getting the Wii U? BxhJj1y
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» What games are you playing?
Are you getting the Wii U? Empty13/01/16, 05:22 pm by queenzelda

» Rodea delayed again
Are you getting the Wii U? Empty13/01/16, 05:18 pm by queenzelda

» What's on your mind
Are you getting the Wii U? Empty13/08/15, 11:58 pm by queenzelda

» Post some funny stuff
Are you getting the Wii U? Empty12/08/15, 06:10 pm by queenzelda

» Welcome thread
Are you getting the Wii U? Empty12/08/15, 06:00 pm by queenzelda

» Anyone need anything?
Are you getting the Wii U? Empty06/08/15, 05:08 pm by sonikku

» Fave Nintendo system
Are you getting the Wii U? Empty06/08/15, 05:05 pm by sonikku

» Are you voting?
Are you getting the Wii U? Empty06/08/15, 04:52 pm by sonikku

» Music you\re listening to now
Are you getting the Wii U? Empty03/08/15, 04:15 pm by queenzelda

Are you getting the Wii U?

Go down 
+5
sonikku
Yukupo
Segata
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Frozen
9 posters

Yes
Are you getting the Wii U? I_vote_lcap44%Are you getting the Wii U? I_vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
No
Are you getting the Wii U? I_vote_lcap56%Are you getting the Wii U? I_vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Frozen
Kupo
Kupo
Frozen

Are you getting the Wii U? Empty
PostSubject: Are you getting the Wii U?   Are you getting the Wii U? Empty20/08/12, 04:35 am

Are you getting the Wii U? Or, at least, thinking of getting it? Or no?

I'll try to get it on launch day. I think Nintendo made a really good decision with this one. All the launch titles for this are amazing! Especially because there is at least one single game catering to each type of gamer.

I'd say I was looking forward to ZombiU the most, because just the idea of having a realistic zombie game just seems so immersive! Anyway, are you getting the Wii U, and if so, what game are you looking forward to the most?

One last thing, I thought I'd just share this video with you, because it explains the Wii U GamePad, probably one of the best semi-gimmicky controllers ever! Very Happy It's very hard to find sometimes even a some-what gimmicky control scheme that doesn't suck.

EDIT: Added poll.

Last edited by Frozen on 20/08/12, 04:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/FrozenOsu
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Kupo
Kupo
Segata Sanshiro Jr.

PostSubject: Re: Are you getting the Wii U?   Are you getting the Wii U? Empty20/08/12, 04:57 am

Most likely yes
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzlHDjpYiuU  http://anewchallenge
Segata
King Slime
King Slime
Segata

PostSubject: Re: Are you getting the Wii U?   Are you getting the Wii U? Empty20/08/12, 09:18 am

Yes.

Rayman Legends is almost enough.
Mistwalker & Monolith have support for it so that is pretty much reason for me to get one.Oddly Ibet I play most games with the Pro Controller.
Back to top Go down
Yukupo
King Slime
King Slime
Yukupo

PostSubject: Re: Are you getting the Wii U?   Are you getting the Wii U? Empty20/08/12, 09:53 am

At some point in it's lifespan. At what point depends on money and games available. Heck, I just got a Wii last year and I still don't have a PS3 yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chrisfulkerson.com
Segata
King Slime
King Slime
Segata

PostSubject: Re: Are you getting the Wii U?   Are you getting the Wii U? Empty20/08/12, 09:57 am

^ Similar to that. I have had a wii for a few years but just got my 360 this year. Still want a PS3.
Back to top Go down
Frozen
Kupo
Kupo
Frozen

PostSubject: Re: Are you getting the Wii U?   Are you getting the Wii U? Empty20/08/12, 10:05 am

Ryudo wrote:
Rayman Legends.
Yeah, me too :) I loved Rayman Origins and I've been a big fan of the Rayman series since Rayman 2.

Ryudo wrote:
I have had a wii for a few years but just got my 360 this year. Still want a PS3.
Btw, are you ever getting Xbox Live Gold?
Back to top Go down
sonikku
Kupo
Kupo
sonikku

PostSubject: Re: Are you getting the Wii U?   Are you getting the Wii U? Empty20/08/12, 10:23 am

Probably not anytime soon. I'm embarrassed to admit that after wanting a wii for so long I finally got one a few years ago, but never did much of anything on it. I got Sonic Unleashed that came with it as a promotion from gamestop, wii sports that came in the box and Punch Out that I bought on my own, but beyond that I never bought another game for it or really played it all that much.

I chalk that up partly to the prices of the games worth owning seemingly never going down in price ever, though I suppose part of it was the logistical challenge in getting the sensor stretching on the complete other side of the room as the console itself. >.< Hopefully when the U comes out I'll be able to revisit the wii regular and scoop up bargains put on discount. Such as it is, the Wii U doesn't offer me anything I just "gotta have" right now. Maybe I'll pick one up when Nintendo debuts the Wii Z. Razz
Back to top Go down
Segata
King Slime
King Slime
Segata

PostSubject: Re: Are you getting the Wii U?   Are you getting the Wii U? Empty20/08/12, 10:35 am

You can buy a Wireless Sensor bar or just use two candles.
Back to top Go down
Frozen
Kupo
Kupo
Frozen

PostSubject: Re: Are you getting the Wii U?   Are you getting the Wii U? Empty20/08/12, 10:44 am

Ryudo wrote:
You can buy a Wireless Sensor bar or just use two candles.

Are you getting the Wii U? X8j8
(No this is not me.)

This works due to the heat of the flame giving an infrared source.
Back to top Go down
Frozen
Kupo
Kupo
Frozen

PostSubject: Re: Are you getting the Wii U?   Are you getting the Wii U? Empty20/08/12, 04:20 pm

Update: Added poll.
Back to top Go down
AnimeGamer183
Kupo
Kupo

PostSubject: Re: Are you getting the Wii U?   Are you getting the Wii U? Empty20/08/12, 07:32 pm

Yukupo wrote:
At some point in it's lifespan. At what point depends on money and games available. Heck, I just got a Wii last year and I still don't have a PS3 yet.

Ryudo wrote:
^ Similar to that. I have had a wii for a few years but just got my 360 this year. Still want a PS3.

and im the missing link here, and i have had a PS3 and just got a Wii this year Razz
Back to top Go down
LawXiu
King Slime
King Slime
LawXiu

PostSubject: Re: Are you getting the Wii U?   Are you getting the Wii U? Empty21/08/12, 01:49 am

I won't be getting one. I've had the Wii and wasn't really impressed. All the pictures and videos haven't impressed me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gen2gens.com
Mittens2317
Kupo
Kupo
Mittens2317

PostSubject: Re: Are you getting the Wii U?   Are you getting the Wii U? Empty23/08/12, 05:10 pm

Probably. Eventually. I'll be buying the PS3 when the PS4 launches, the next Xbox about 6 months after it launches, the Wii-U when all next gen consoles are out, and the PS4 when I rob someone.
Back to top Go down
Segata
King Slime
King Slime
Segata

PostSubject: Re: Are you getting the Wii U?   Are you getting the Wii U? Empty14/09/12, 12:10 pm

Yesterday convinced me more
Back to top Go down
Frozen
Kupo
Kupo
Frozen

PostSubject: Re: Are you getting the Wii U?   Are you getting the Wii U? Empty14/09/12, 12:32 pm

I'm getting it on launch for sure.
Back to top Go down
Yukupo
King Slime
King Slime
Yukupo

PostSubject: Re: Are you getting the Wii U?   Are you getting the Wii U? Empty14/09/12, 01:10 pm

Yeah I'm a bit more hyped now. Assuming I have steady income at launch I'm buying it. Otherwise it'll have to wait.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chrisfulkerson.com
sonikku
Kupo
Kupo
sonikku

PostSubject: Re: Are you getting the Wii U?   Are you getting the Wii U? Empty14/09/12, 11:19 pm

I may take a look at some point in it's life cycle, though not any time soon. Between scrounging up the 250-300 for replacement parts for my pc and needing to still some how find the cash to furnish an apartment in the near future, I just don't have the kind of $300 + $60 +tax I would need at minimum to pick up a Wii2.

To their credit, they're packing in a universal HDMI cable and socket instead of bragging about their systems HD Graphics and packing in only composite like everyone else in the business. It was the worst in the past couple of generations having to buy a new hd cable for each system because they used unique proprietary connectors and only bundled in garbage connectors.
Back to top Go down
KiBa
Kupo
Kupo
KiBa

PostSubject: Re: Are you getting the Wii U?   Are you getting the Wii U? Empty15/09/12, 07:36 am

I doubt I'll get it, mainly because I'm not in a position to buy any new stuff at this point, but also because my hobby has increasingly become retro games. I'm just not looking forward to anything new at the moment. Of course, that may change.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you getting the Wii U?   Are you getting the Wii U? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GEN2GEN :: Gaming :: General gaming-
Jump to: