GEN2GEN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GEN2GEN Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inWhen you just need to play that game... BxhJj1y
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» What games are you playing?
When you just need to play that game... Empty13/01/16, 05:22 pm by queenzelda

» Rodea delayed again
When you just need to play that game... Empty13/01/16, 05:18 pm by queenzelda

» What's on your mind
When you just need to play that game... Empty13/08/15, 11:58 pm by queenzelda

» Post some funny stuff
When you just need to play that game... Empty12/08/15, 06:10 pm by queenzelda

» Welcome thread
When you just need to play that game... Empty12/08/15, 06:00 pm by queenzelda

» Anyone need anything?
When you just need to play that game... Empty06/08/15, 05:08 pm by sonikku

» Fave Nintendo system
When you just need to play that game... Empty06/08/15, 05:05 pm by sonikku

» Are you voting?
When you just need to play that game... Empty06/08/15, 04:52 pm by sonikku

» Music you\re listening to now
When you just need to play that game... Empty03/08/15, 04:15 pm by queenzelda

When you just need to play that game...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Agent Of Fortune
Kupo
Kupo

When you just need to play that game... Empty
PostSubject: When you just need to play that game...   When you just need to play that game... Empty27/12/12, 08:20 pm

I was feeling really depressed today, and wanted to play some Shenmue. I haven't gone all the way through SI & II together in years. When I loaded up my copy of Shenmue, I found that disc 1 no longer played in my Dreamcast. At first I thought it was my disc drive, so I went to grab an old dreamcast that no worked, and tried to trade out the disc drive, but it didn't work. I saw online that my local CD tradepost (a game/cd pawn shop) had a spare Dreamcast, so I went out in the snow to buy it. I had to play Shenmue! Unfortunately my car is too crappy and the snow was too bad, so I had to turn around, but I ended up buying a new copy on eBay. It'll get here in a few days, and I can't wait.

Has anyone else ever just "had" to play a certain game at a certain time? If so, have you ever done anything crazy to get ahold of this game?
Back to top Go down
Segata
King Slime
King Slime
Segata

PostSubject: Re: When you just need to play that game...   When you just need to play that game... Empty27/12/12, 09:02 pm

All the time but this is a big part why I collect. Because there is always that moments. The more games I have the less of shit don;t have it moment. Now if a system or game stops working and I have no backup. I had that as in 2009 my original xbox broke. I really wanted to play Shenmue II. I did replace it eventually with back up. It's not an easy pill. Recently like a few months ago I finally got a Master System and for a year had Ys for it. I was so ready to play Ys on MS. The game didn't work. Still not replaced it.
Back to top Go down
Agent Of Fortune
Kupo
Kupo

PostSubject: Re: When you just need to play that game...   When you just need to play that game... Empty28/12/12, 08:48 pm

^Ouch. I've seen a lot of the stuff you've posted on Ys, I need to check it out.
Back to top Go down
Mittens2317
Kupo
Kupo
Mittens2317

PostSubject: Re: When you just need to play that game...   When you just need to play that game... Empty30/12/12, 02:04 am

It tends to be games that I'm no longer in possession of. But after a match, if I ain't gettin beered up, I have the sudden urge to play FIFA or Football Manager.

I also get tempted to go on one of the Arkham games after reading a Batman comic or watching a film, but I resist for the simple fact that I don't want to kill such great games. To this day, I still haven't started my New Game+ for AC.
Back to top Go down
Segata
King Slime
King Slime
Segata

PostSubject: Re: When you just need to play that game...   When you just need to play that game... Empty30/12/12, 03:25 am

^ I avoided saving after beating Darksiders II as it would erase all that hard work. It's also game I got to aoften just to fuck around explore the now empty dungeons and kill shit for a couple hours.
Back to top Go down
Agent Of Fortune
Kupo
Kupo

PostSubject: Re: When you just need to play that game...   When you just need to play that game... Empty31/12/12, 05:10 pm

I finally got my new copy of Shenmue today. Looks like I know what I'll be doing for New Years. :-D
Back to top Go down
LawXiu
King Slime
King Slime
LawXiu

PostSubject: Re: When you just need to play that game...   When you just need to play that game... Empty02/01/13, 01:16 pm

I had an incident quite a few years ago. I had Sims for game cube but couldn't play it because my memory card was too small. So off we went to town to buy a bigger one then on the way home a car hit us from behind. I lost my first car for the sake of a memory card.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gen2gens.com
Mittens2317
Kupo
Kupo
Mittens2317

PostSubject: Re: When you just need to play that game...   When you just need to play that game... Empty07/01/13, 02:05 am

lol, I hate it when that happens. Not the car thing per se (can't even drive... yet), but when you lose something of greater value for the sake of something of little value.
Back to top Go down
LawXiu
King Slime
King Slime
LawXiu

PostSubject: Re: When you just need to play that game...   When you just need to play that game... Empty11/01/13, 01:27 pm

Yeah it's horrible. It was a classic Mini as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gen2gens.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When you just need to play that game...   When you just need to play that game... Empty

Back to top Go down

When you just need to play that game...
Page 1 of 1