GEN2GEN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GEN2GEN Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inGreat fan tributes BxhJj1y
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» What games are you playing?
Great fan tributes Empty13/01/16, 05:22 pm by queenzelda

» Rodea delayed again
Great fan tributes Empty13/01/16, 05:18 pm by queenzelda

» What's on your mind
Great fan tributes Empty13/08/15, 11:58 pm by queenzelda

» Post some funny stuff
Great fan tributes Empty12/08/15, 06:10 pm by queenzelda

» Welcome thread
Great fan tributes Empty12/08/15, 06:00 pm by queenzelda

» Anyone need anything?
Great fan tributes Empty06/08/15, 05:08 pm by sonikku

» Fave Nintendo system
Great fan tributes Empty06/08/15, 05:05 pm by sonikku

» Are you voting?
Great fan tributes Empty06/08/15, 04:52 pm by sonikku

» Music you\re listening to now
Great fan tributes Empty03/08/15, 04:15 pm by queenzelda

Great fan tributes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Segata
King Slime
King Slime
Segata

Great fan tributes Empty
PostSubject: Great fan tributes   Great fan tributes Empty23/12/12, 01:08 am

http://www.capcom-unity.com/mega_man

This got me thinking. Fan made games to classics. Tributes or remakes. Videos or the games themselves or fan films. Post it
Back to top Go down
LawXiu
King Slime
King Slime
LawXiu

Great fan tributes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great fan tributes   Great fan tributes Empty24/12/12, 03:27 am

After seeing the fan made Sonic remakes this thread will be one to watch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gen2gens.com
Mittens2317
Kupo
Kupo
Mittens2317

Great fan tributes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great fan tributes   Great fan tributes Empty30/12/12, 02:07 am

Shenmue Zero. Awful game, but considering everything was self-taught, made from scratch, and at a time when it wasn't as easy to make your own game, it was impressive. And c'mon, let's admit it, there isn't a single one of us that didn't look forward to it.

There's also a 3D Pokemon game out there that's pretty good. It's not 3D as you'd think, it's basically the Game Boy graphics given a 3D effect. Similar to the 3D script for Ruby/RPG Maker, but much smoother and a hell of a lot less rigid.
Back to top Go down
LawXiu
King Slime
King Slime
LawXiu

Great fan tributes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great fan tributes   Great fan tributes Empty02/01/13, 01:25 pm

I find out about Shenmue zero really late. When I tried it my pc at the time didn't have the power to run it at full speed. I also remember stupid voices. Who made that?
Back to top Go down
Agent Of Fortune
Kupo
Kupo

Great fan tributes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great fan tributes   Great fan tributes Empty03/01/13, 06:37 pm

Yes, you are right, Shenmue Zero was a piece, but like you said, it was still a good attempt. Especially when you consider the whole thing was probably written from scratch in C/C++, including the camera work, rendering, sound production, etc. Definitely not easy.
Back to top Go down
LawXiu
King Slime
King Slime
LawXiu

Great fan tributes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great fan tributes   Great fan tributes Empty04/01/13, 01:11 pm

Not to mention the fact that it was a FINISHED Shenmue project.
Back to top Go down
Segata
King Slime
King Slime
Segata

Great fan tributes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great fan tributes   Great fan tributes Empty04/01/13, 01:19 pm

Contra 4

Kind of. Wayforward developed it and they were fans but that does not truly count. What does count is they turned towards the fans and wanted to know what they want in a Contra and had a lot of input. Similar to the dev room for Mega Man Legends 3 I believe
Back to top Go down
Mittens2317
Kupo
Kupo
Mittens2317

Great fan tributes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great fan tributes   Great fan tributes Empty07/01/13, 02:13 am

It actually wasn't anywhere near completion. If you look in the installation folder, there's plenty of extras that were left in there that hint at the game being set on a much grander scale (albeit, still a small scale, but bigger than the finished product)

Reference material, including a half-finished Nozomi model were in there, as well as an original arcade game where you assume the role of a male or female miner. There were some interesting concepts for sure. And it was Yusuke/Erin who did it.
Back to top Go down
Segata
King Slime
King Slime
Segata

Great fan tributes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great fan tributes   Great fan tributes Empty07/01/13, 12:44 pm

How can we not mention Retro City Rampage?! Everything in that game is a reference to older games mostly 8 bit era.
Back to top Go down
Mittens2317
Kupo
Kupo
Mittens2317

Great fan tributes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great fan tributes   Great fan tributes Empty07/01/13, 02:38 pm

Just played the demo for that last night. Looks pretty damn good, but I have a policy on XBLA content... No buy until it's on offer. Still pissed off I missed out on the Trials games and Mark of the Ninja. There was another one too, but I can't think of it for the life of me atm.
Back to top Go down
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Kupo
Kupo
Segata Sanshiro Jr.

Great fan tributes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great fan tributes   Great fan tributes Empty18/01/13, 06:52 pm

RCR is pretty good, I kinda prefer the crazy difficulty that was there before Brian added all the updates.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzlHDjpYiuU  http://anewchallenge
Segata
King Slime
King Slime
Segata

Great fan tributes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great fan tributes   Great fan tributes Empty22/01/13, 02:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Great fan tributes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great fan tributes   Great fan tributes Empty

Back to top Go down

Great fan tributes
Page 1 of 1