GEN2GEN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GEN2GEN Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inDreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! BxhJj1y
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» What games are you playing?
Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! Empty13/01/16, 05:22 pm by queenzelda

» Rodea delayed again
Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! Empty13/01/16, 05:18 pm by queenzelda

» What's on your mind
Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! Empty13/08/15, 11:58 pm by queenzelda

» Post some funny stuff
Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! Empty12/08/15, 06:10 pm by queenzelda

» Welcome thread
Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! Empty12/08/15, 06:00 pm by queenzelda

» Anyone need anything?
Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! Empty06/08/15, 05:08 pm by sonikku

» Fave Nintendo system
Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! Empty06/08/15, 05:05 pm by sonikku

» Are you voting?
Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! Empty06/08/15, 04:52 pm by sonikku

» Music you\re listening to now
Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! Empty03/08/15, 04:15 pm by queenzelda

Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon!

Go down 
+2
Agent Of Fortune
Frozen
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Frozen
Kupo
Kupo
Frozen

Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! Empty
PostSubject: Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon!   Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! Empty09/09/12, 02:46 pm

So I started playing through Shenmue II on Dreamcast but then when I got to disc two it decided not to read the disc. I could just buy another copy but the prices for the Dreamcast version are a little so high for me right now so I just decided to go with the Xbox version.

Anyway, I can't wait for it to arrive so I can finally finish it! Razz

I know people say it's better on Dreamcast, but I also got the Xbox version for the reason that you start off with loads of the collectibles from the first Shenmue game, as people could not transfer their Shenmue save files because the original Shenmue didn't come out on Xbox.

Also note, today is the Dreamcast's 13th birthday!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/FrozenOsu
Agent Of Fortune
Kupo
Kupo

PostSubject: Re: Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon!   Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! Empty09/09/12, 06:11 pm

I turned on my Wii today and saw that it was 9/9, and it took me back to buying my DC on 9/9/99. I got my first job over that summer in order to pay for it.

I've been wanting to play my copies of Shenmue and Shenmue II lately, but it will probably be a little while until I can do so. I'm buried really deep in games right now. :-)
Back to top Go down
Segata
King Slime
King Slime
Segata

PostSubject: Re: Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon!   Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! Empty09/09/12, 09:57 pm

Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! XMfKb
Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! ElzA3
Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! 09H7W
Back to top Go down
sonikku
Kupo
Kupo
sonikku

PostSubject: Re: Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon!   Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! Empty09/09/12, 10:29 pm

I seem to remember something about the President of Sega USA being asked to resign by Sega Japan just as the system was coming out because he had the Dreamcast launch at $200 when Japan wanted to charge more. Sega Japan sure had some screws loose. The same thing happened when they wanted to charge $400 for the Saturn but US told them it was too much.
Back to top Go down
Segata
King Slime
King Slime
Segata

PostSubject: Re: Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon!   Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! Empty09/09/12, 10:49 pm

^ Bernie Stolar. He was great at marketing Dreamcast in the US. However he was a giant dick. He like Reggie from Nintendo HATED RPG's so he would not bring them over. ESP Grandia
Back to top Go down
KiBa
Kupo
Kupo
KiBa

PostSubject: Re: Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon!   Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! Empty10/09/12, 12:13 am

That's really unfortunate.
Back to top Go down
LawXiu
King Slime
King Slime
LawXiu

PostSubject: Re: Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon!   Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! Empty10/09/12, 11:59 am

I bought my Dreamcast with my first ever wage packet back in 99. I was at work and got it in my lunch hour, couldn't wait to get home and play it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gen2gens.com
sonikku
Kupo
Kupo
sonikku

PostSubject: Re: Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon!   Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! Empty10/09/12, 02:05 pm

I got mine in early 2000 as part of a Sams Club bundle. It came with the system, Sonic Adventure/Soul Calibur, a VMU and a second controller for $250. I thought it was a bargain at the time.
Back to top Go down
LawXiu
King Slime
King Slime
LawXiu

PostSubject: Re: Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon!   Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! Empty10/09/12, 02:15 pm

Mine cost ÂŁ100 with crazy taxi 2 I think and two pads. Also picked up a second hand VMU.
Back to top Go down
Frozen
Kupo
Kupo
Frozen

PostSubject: Re: Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon!   Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! Empty10/09/12, 02:27 pm

Oh how I wish I was born earlier. Retro games are the best.
Back to top Go down
LawXiu
King Slime
King Slime
LawXiu

PostSubject: Re: Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon!   Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! Empty10/09/12, 02:40 pm

^ I prefer retro to new. I'm looking at buying some DC games on amazon. Might get Sonic Adventure.
Back to top Go down
Segata
King Slime
King Slime
Segata

PostSubject: Re: Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon!   Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! Empty10/09/12, 02:50 pm

I told this story a thousand times but what's one more.

I used to be a mega mega Nintendo fanboy. One day I went into media play (now defunct store) and a buddy I knew worked there and told me he heard of a new console that was going to be 128 bit and have amazing graphics. I grabbed off the shelf a copy of a Myst game looked at the graphics and said like this? He said yes. I was floored. I had to have this thing right then. So next year or so I followed the DC as I waited each month for the new copy of Next Gen Magazine. (I still have them) I also followed a game that would later be known as Shenmue. These two things each month and the look of this console was the first I had been hyped for a console. I also felt some feeling I can't describe. It's the same feeling I get when I look back at DC. Then House of the Dead 2 I think was in the arcade. I had to play it to get a sense of DC visuals. I was blown away. Then found an arcade with Crazy Taxi. HOLY SHIT! No way my N64 could do this! It comes out and didn't have the money but I wanted one so bad.So I went to media play daily and played the DC kiosk. Was always a different game. However I regret that once I walked in there with 100$ and this was when DC was discontinued and they had bunch on sale for 50$. However at this point I kinda forgot about it and got me a new CD player instead. MUCH later about 2002 I now wanted one. Mom bought me one used at EB games. Thing broke after a day. So they replaced it. after a week again stopped reading discs. So I sent it to SEGA and for 50$ had it refurbished. been working since. However in 2005 I totally redeemed myself. Ebay had brand new DC's in box for 70$. I snatched it up and to this day it's still a virgin. DC has a lot of gems. It's not just the game that make DC my fave console of all time. It's the feeling I get playing it. The memories of being so exited. I also think 99 was my fave era for SEGA. It seemed liek a rebirth and a new hope. SEGA was back. Dreamcast was so ahead of it's time we still feel the effects. I doubt any other console hype can do that again for me ever again.
Back to top Go down
LawXiu
King Slime
King Slime
LawXiu

PostSubject: Re: Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon!   Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! Empty10/09/12, 03:04 pm

I play mine more than I play PS3. It's just better.

Before I got mine I borrowed one off my cousin who had stolen it from Blockbuster video. It was easy to take as she worked there. She hadn't really bothered getting games for it though and we was limited to Sonic Adventure and a Ready 2 Rumble demo. We played that demo to death.

I was at college when I got mine and working in a shop part time. Only one of my friends at college had a DC and we talked about it a lot. That time was the best two years of my life. College was a constant laugh, learnt to drive and bought my first car. In between getting in trouble the DC was always in action.

It just reminds me of better days.
Back to top Go down
Frozen
Kupo
Kupo
Frozen

PostSubject: Re: Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon!   Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! Empty11/09/12, 10:41 am

I think it's fair to say that the Dreamcast doesn't even feel dead with it's massive cult following.
Back to top Go down
Agent Of Fortune
Kupo
Kupo

PostSubject: Re: Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon!   Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! Empty12/09/12, 12:00 pm

When my house was broken into in Spring of 2009, one of the things stolen was my Sega Dreamcast. When I reported it to the police officer, he said "What the heck is a Sega Dreamast?" Sad The pain of that statement almost hurt worse than having it stolen. Laughing
Back to top Go down
LawXiu
King Slime
King Slime
LawXiu

PostSubject: Re: Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon!   Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! Empty17/09/12, 01:36 pm

I had my flat in London broken into and they stole all my consoles. Some people are scum.
Back to top Go down
Segata
King Slime
King Slime
Segata

PostSubject: Re: Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon!   Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! Empty17/09/12, 01:46 pm

When?
Back to top Go down
LawXiu
King Slime
King Slime
LawXiu

PostSubject: Re: Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon!   Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! Empty17/09/12, 02:30 pm

2007. My first 360, Wii, DS, PSP and laptop all gone. I was on holiday in Beijing at the time. They didn't take my ex-wife's jewelry though which is odd.
Back to top Go down
Frozen
Kupo
Kupo
Frozen

PostSubject: Re: Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon!   Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! Empty17/09/12, 02:31 pm

LawXiu wrote:
2007. My first 360, Wii, DS, PSP and laptop all gone. I was on holiday in Beijing at the time. They didn't take my ex-wife's jewelry though which is odd.

Bastard gamers. They probably play CoD 24/7.
Back to top Go down
LawXiu
King Slime
King Slime
LawXiu

PostSubject: Re: Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon!   Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! Empty02/10/12, 12:57 pm

Have you finished 2x yet?
Back to top Go down
Frozen
Kupo
Kupo
Frozen

PostSubject: Re: Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon!   Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! Empty02/10/12, 01:12 pm

LawXiu wrote:
Have you finished 2x yet?

No, not yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon!   Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon! Empty

Back to top Go down

Dreamcast's 13th Birthday! :: Just ordered Shenmue 2x on Amazon!
Page 1 of 1